- 2 red capsicums
- 6 cloves garlic
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 310g can sweet corn kernels, drained
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- ½ cup basil, chopped
- 2 tbs macadamia nut oil
- 3 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
Rice salad with roast capsicum and chickpeas
Perfect for a summer barbeque or a light nutritious mid-week lunch.
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC. Place capsicums and garlic on a baking tray and cook for 20 minutes. Remove garlic and cook capsicums for a further 10 minutes until skin blisters and blackens. Leave to sit for 5 minutes.
- Place cooked rice, chickpeas, corn, parsley and basil in a large bowl. Remove skin and seeds from capsicums, dice and add to rice mixture. Mix well.
- Remove skin from garlic and chop well. Place in a jar and add the oil, vinegar and sugar. Screw on lid and shake well. Pour over rice salad and mix well.
- This salad can be made 1 or 2 days before it is needed and kept in the fridge.
- Macadamia nut oil has a sweet, nutty flavour making it perfect for use in salad dressings.