- 1 large eggplant
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 tbs pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tsp olive oil, extra to serve
- pinch of paprika, extra to serve
- 2 tbs parsley, chopped to serve
Eggplant and chickpea dip
A delicious and nutritious recipe for your next celebration. Exotic spices combine with creamy eggplant, pine nuts and the goodness of legumes to make a moreish dip that's high in fibre.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the eggplant on a baking tray and bake for 40 minutes or until soft. Slice the eggplant in half and scoop the flesh into the bowl of a food processor.
- Add the chickpeas, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin and paprika to the eggplant and blend until smooth. Spoon the dip onto a large flat serving plate and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Sprinkle the top of the dip with the pine nuts, drizzle with the extra olive oil. Finish with a sprinkle of the extra paprika and parsley. Serves 6-8.
- Serve with toasted flat bread or raw vegetables.