- 1 cup brown jasmine rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup So Good Coconut Milk Unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp salt
Coconut brown rice
This fluffy rice with its nutty texture is excellent served with Indian dishes. Brown rice takes longer to cook than white rice but provides many more nutrients and fibre and is well worth the effort.
- Place rice, water, coconut milk and salt in a heavy based saucepan.
- Bring mixture to the boil then reduce heat to the lowest simmer you can achieve, cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stand for 5 minutes then fluff with a fork.
- Serve with your favourite curry.
- Cover rice with water and stand for 1/2 hour. This will reduce the cooking time.
- If you own a rice cooker it can be cooked in it.
- Long grain brown rice can be also used in this recipe.