- ¾ cup canola oil
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup pistachio nuts, chopped
- 1 ½ cups zucchini, grated
- 1 cup white self-raising flour
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp nutmeg
Zucchini and pistachio cake
A dessert with a twist, kept fluffy and moist with grated zucchini and delicately flavoured by pistachio nuts.
- Place oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla into a large bowl, mix well with an electric mixer.
- Add pistachio nuts, zucchini (courgette) and sifted dry ingredients, mix until well combined. Pour mixture into a lightly greased and lined 19cm x 29cm lamington tin.
- Bake in hot oven, 200°C for 30 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve dusted with icing sugar or topped with cream cheese icing and some extra chopped pistachio nuts.
- The serving suggestions are not included in the nutritional analysis.