- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 400 g tin butter beans, drained & rinsed
- ¼ cup low-fat cheese, grated
- ½ cup self-raising white flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbs oil
- ¼ tsp salt
Zucchini slice with butter beans
A simple twist on an old favourite, this quick and easy slice is great for midweek meals, with an added protein punch. Use the leftovers in school lunchboxes.
- Place zucchini, onion, butter beans, cheese and flour in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Combine eggs, oil and salt and stir into zucchini mixture.
- Pour mixture into a greased and lined 20cm square tin.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 180°C for 30 minutes or until golden. Cut into 16 triangles.
- To create a gluten free slice, simply replace the self-raising white flour with self-raising gluten free flour.