- ⅓ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 corella pears, halved, cored and cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs macadamia oil
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 50g parmesan cheese, shaved
Warm spinach, pear and walnut salad
A subtle combination of sweet, sour and salty flavours, with interesting textures from the combination of the walnuts and pears.
- Heat a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add walnuts and toast, tossing often, for 2-3 minutes until golden. Transfer to a plate. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in the pan over medium-high heat. Add pears. Cook, tossing often, for 3-4 minutes until golden. Stir in maple syrup, balsamic vinegar and macadamia oil. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, tossing occasionally, for 1-2 minutes until bubbling. Toss through walnuts. Remove from heat, stand for 2 minutes.
- Arrange spinach on serving plates. Top with warm pears and walnuts. Sprinkle with shaved parmesan and serve.
- Honey can be used instead of maple syrup if desired.