- 800g Japanese or kent pumpkin, skin removed and cut into small chunks
- 1/4 cup (62ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Vegie Delights™ Vegie Roast
- 1 small head cauliflower, sliced into 2cm thick steaks
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 cup reduced salt vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 large (220g) spanish onion, sliced into eighths
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons (45g) almonds, roughly chopped
- Black pepper
Vegie roast with cauliflower steaks and pumpkin mash
Try a twist on the traditional meal with this Vegie Delights™ Vegie Roast with Cauliflower Steaks and Pumpkin Mash. Stacked with nutritious and filling vegetables your guests will be thankful that this is on the table.
- Heat oven to 180C and line 2 large baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Arrange pumpkin on one tray, drizzle with 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and toss.
- Arrange cauliflower over the other tray, drizzle with 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle with sweet paprika, season with sea salt and black pepper and toss to coat.
- Place Vegie Delights Vegie Roast in a small baking dish, pour vegetable stock and water around the roast, add onion pieces and capers and place all trays in the oven to cook for 20 minutes.
- At 20 minutes, remove the pumpkin, whilst leaving the cauliflower and roast in to cook a further 10 minutes. Mash pumpkin by hand or puree in a blender, cover and set aside.
- Once all ingredients are cooked, slice the Vegie Roast and spread pumpkin puree over the base of a serving dish.
- Top with cauliflower steaks and Vegie Roast, spoon over the onions, capers and stock from the baking dish, sprinkle with parsley, dill, almonds, season with black pepper and serve.