- olive oil spray
- 1 large eggplant, thinly sliced
- 2 zucchini (courgettes), thinly sliced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400g can brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbs rosemary, roughly chopped
- 400g can diced tomatoes, no added salt
- 150g reduced fat ricotta cheese
- ⅔ cup low fat soy or dairy milk
Great served with a greek salad or your favourite vegies and perfect for a weeknight in with the family or a weekend banquet to impress friends!
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C. Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and cook eggplant and zucchini (courgette) in batches for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden. Place half in the base of a large casserole dish.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add onion and garlic and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until softened. Add lentils and rosemary and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Top eggplant and zucchini (courgette) layer with lentils and then remaining eggplant and zucchini (courgette). Pour over tomatoes.
- Mix together ricotta and milk and spread over moussaka. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden. Serve with salad.
- For an extra twist, try crumbling some fetta between the layers while assembling.