- 120g bunch fresh basil
- 100g pine nuts, toasted & cooled
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbs savoury yeast flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt or herbs
- 1/3 cup light olive oil
- 500g pasta of choice
- squeeze lemon (optional)
This make-your-own pesto is easy to prepare and great when you need a delicious pasta dish in a hurry.
- Remove leaves from basil stalks and place in a food processor.
- Add pine nuts, garlic, yeast flakes and salt or herbs.
- Gradually add oil while processing mixture. Process until finely chopped.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add pasta and cook until tender. Drain.
- Fold pesto sauce through drained pasta. Add a squeeze of lemon if desired. Serve immediately. Serves 6.