- 2 sweet potato, cut into 5mm slices lengthwise
- 2 large avocado
- ½ tsp rock salt
- 1 lime, juiced
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- ½ pomegranate, seeded
- 2 tbsp crumbled feta
- 2 tbsp pepita seeds, toasted
- 2 tbsp alfalfa sprouts
Sweet potato toast with avocado smash
Love traditional avocado on sour dough? Try this gluten free, weird sounding but amazing new favourite that has moved up a nutritional notch. Sweet potato slices toasted and piled high with avocado and toppings.
- Slice sweet potato into 5mm slices lengthwise.
- Heat toasted sandwich maker and toast sweet potato until crisp, browned and tender.
- Mash avocado, salt, lime and chilli flakes in a small bowl.
- Top sweet potato toast with mashed avocado. Sprinkle top with pomegranate seeds, feta, pepita seeds and sprouts. Makes 8 (2 per serve).
- Another option is that sweet potato pieces can be toasted in the toaster. Will need to be put through the process a couple of times.