- 2 Weet-Bix™, finely crushed
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1/4 brown onion, finely diced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tsp olive oil
Stuffed zucchini boats
These fun stuffed veggie boats, great as a snack or a meal, turn the goodness of Weet-Bix into a crunchy topping!
Trying to eat more veg, but not sure how? We've got you covered with these low-fuss recipes to get more veggies in your life! The kids will love them too!
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly oil a large oven tray, or line with baking paper.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise. Use a small spoon to scoop out the centre of each half, leaving about 1/2 cm flesh all the way around. Arrange zucchini boats in a single layer on the prepared pan.
- Finely chop the scooped zucchini flesh and place in a bowl. Add onion, cherry tomatoes, herbs, Parmesan, and crushed Weet-Bix. Stir well.
- Fill zucchini boats with the Weet-Bix mixture and drizzle with the oil.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until zucchini is tender and the filling is golden. Serve warm as an entree or main.
- Recipe can easily be halved or doubled.