- 2 red capsicums, roasted, skin peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500g english spinach leaves
- 1 cup water
- 10g vegetable stock cube
- 250ml light evaporated milk
- ¼ cup basil leaves
- ¼ tsp salt (optional)
- 500g pasta of choice
Spinach and roast capsicum pasta
Enjoy this delicious dish for a quick and easy evening meal everyone will love.
- Roast capsicum under a medium grill, skin side up, for 10 minutes or until skin blackens. Allow to cool in a paper bag for 5 minutes, then remove skin, slice thinly and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frypan, add leek and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat until soft and transparent. Add the spinach, water and stock cube. Cook for 3-5 minutes with a lid on the pan so spinach softens.
- Transfer to a food processor, add the evaporated milk, basil and salt. Process for a few minutes until combined.
- Return to saucepan to heat through. Serve on pasta with finely sliced roast capsicum and parmesan shavings.
- You can find evaporated milk in a can, usually stored near the long-life milk in your supermarket. Evaporated milk is simply milk reduced to about 40 of its original volume.