- 200g dry spaghetti
- 1 large broccoli head, cut into small florets
- 1 tbs oil
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2-3 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp powdered vegetable stock
- 1 tbs lemon rind, grated (about 2 lemons)
- 5 tbs lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- crumbled feta to garnish (optional)
Spaghetti with broccoli and lemon
A quick and easy pasta recipe that's packed full of flavour.
- Place the spaghetti in a large pot of salted boiling water and cook for about 8 minutes or until tender.
- In another pot of boiling water, add broccoli florets and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until tender but still crisp and bright in colour. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add toasted almonds and garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in stock powder, lemon rind and juice, then remove from heat.
- Combine lemon mixture with cooked broccoli and season with salt and pepper.
- Add basil and toss through cooked drained spaghetti
- Garnish with feta and lemon wedges.
- Serve hot.
- Feta is not included in the nutrition analysis.