- 200g low-salt soba buckwheat noodles
- 4 cups (1 l) So Good™ Coconut Milk Unsweetened
- 2-3 tsp miso paste
- 2 tsp salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp raw sugar
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 2 cups (500g) of either spinach, silverbeet, brussels sprouts, pak choy or chinese cabbage
- 300g soft tofu
- 4 tbs toasted pumpkin seeds, roughly chopped
- 2-3 radishes, grated
- 1 cup baby rocket leaves
Soba noodle and green vegetable bowl
Our Soba Noodle and Green vegetable recipe is a great wholesome dish that is a great lunch or dinner option. Soba noodles are a thin Japanese noodle made from buckwheat and are super tasty in this dish. Made using So Good Coconut Milk Unsweetened, this dish makes sure the kids are eating a variety of greens and getting the nutrients they need. The addition of lemon juice perfectly complements the spinnach/silverbeet and adds a light zesty twist everyone will love.
- Heat a pot of water and cook noodles for 4 mins. Drain. Set aside covered to keep warm.
- Heat the coconut milk in a saucepan on a low heat for about 5 mins. Add the miso paste and soy sauce. Balance the flavour with sugar and lemon juice.
- Prepare the vegetables by removing any stems and breaking or cutting leaves into bite size pieces. Place the vegetables in a bamboo or metal steamer over a pot of simmering water. Steam until just tender.
- Divide the cooked noodles between 4 bowls. Place the tofu and vegetables around the noodles. Pour over the warmed coconut milk. Garnish with plenty of toasted pumpkin seeds, radishes and baby rocket leaves.