- 2.5kg ripe tomatoes
- 1 tbs oil
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup broken fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
Homemade tomato pasta sauce
Slow cooking tomatoes produces an amazingly tasty homemade tomato pasta sauce with little effort and few ingredients. This recipe will become a real crowd pleaser.
- Place tomatoes in a large pot of boiling water. When the skins begin to break away remove tomatoes and place in cold water.
- Remove skin from tomatoes and dice.
- Heat oil in a large pot and saute garlic. Add diced tomatoes, basil and salt.
- Bring mixture to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 45 mins, stirring occasionally until sauce break downs. Serve over pasta.
- This rich tomato sauce could also be prepared in a slow cooker.