- 250g packet rice vermicelli
- 1 tbs oil
- 6 shallots, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 6 cups fresh vegetables of choice, chopped
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs honey
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
A tasty, simple and fun meal the kids will really enjoy. Also a great way to get some extra vegetables into your day.
- Soak vermicelli in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok and saute shallots and garlic for 1 minute. Add curry powder. Stir through vegetables and saute until tender.
- Add drained vermicelli, soy sauce and honey. Saute until heated through. Serve sprinkled with roasted peanuts.
- Rice vermicelli are thin, translucent noodles made from rice flour. They are delicious in stir-fries or asian-style soups. Available in supermarkets or asian food stores.
- Noodles are much easier to manage and mix with other ingredients when broken into smaller pieces before cooking.
- Experiment with your favourite variety of vegetables. Choose seasonal vegetables to increase your nutrient intake