- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 zucchini (courgette), sliced
- 2 medium sweet potato (kumara), peeled and sliced
- 6 small tomatoes, quartered
- 1 red capsicum, halved and sliced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 sheets shortcrust canola pastry, reduced fat
- 70g feta, crumbled
- 1 tbs basil
Roast vegetable tart
This tart combines the rich, bold flavours of roast vegetables with creamy feta and crumbly short crust pastry. It can be prepared a day in advance and served hot or cold.
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Place vegetables on roasting tray, brush with olive oil and bake in oven, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Line a rectangular flan tin with the pastry. Press pastry into corners and then trim overhanging pastry. Prick the base and bake blind for about 10 minutes.
- Add vegetables to the pastry base, crumble feta over the top and bake for a further 10 minutes, or until pastry is lightly browned.
- To blind bake, place the pastry in a baking dish and then put baking paper on top. Scatter ceramic beads or dried legumes - such as chickpeas - over the baking paper, then bake for about 10 minutes.
- This recipe is great served either hot or cold, and makes a tasty picnic dish.