- 1 tbs extra virgin oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 1/2 tsp oregano flakes
- 400g can chick peas, drained (set 2 tbs aside for garnish)
- 600ml salt reduced vegetable stock
- 1 small ripe tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup Sanitarium™ Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 cup So Good™ Soy Milk
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
Quick Italian style chickpea peanut soup
If your wanting to bring the flavours of another cuisine to your house, this Italian style soup is for you. Made using a wide variety of different ingredients includingi chickpeas, celergy, garlic and onion, this dish is bursting with flavour. The addition of a variety of spices offer a unique twist on this dish and the use of Sanitarium Smooth Peanut Butter gives this dish a great peanuty taste. This Dish is Vegan and dairy free thanks to So Good Regular Soy milk and is packed with dietary fibre thanks to the chickpeas. See if you can get your Italian on and maybe even have an italian themed night at home with your family for something different and a bit of fun.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, gently cook the onion, garlic, celery and oregano until softened.
- Add the chick peas, stock and tomato and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the peanut butter and soy milk.
- Puree until smooth and serve garnished with the set aside chickpeas and fresh parsley.