- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 425g can salt-reduced crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cobs corn, kernels removed
- 1 litre salt-reduced vegetable stock,
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 1 1/2 tablespoons savoury yeast flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon herbs of choice
- 1 red capsicum, roasted & chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
Oven baked vegan risotto
Try this healthy risotto if you want a vegan option that's full of taste and very easy to prepare. The cashew mixture has a parmesan cheese-like taste and savoury yeast adds a delicious flavour.
- Place rice, tomatoes, oil, and corn in a large oven proof dish with lid.
- Place stock in a saucepan. Bring to boil and then stir through rice mixture.
- Cover dish with lid and bake in a hot oven, 200°C, for 40 minutes.
- Place cashews, yeast flakes and herbs in a food processor and process until fine.
- Remove dish from oven and fold through cashew mixture, capsicum and baby spinach leaves.
- Serve immediately. Serves 6.
- The combination of the cashews, nutritional yeast and herbs produces a mixture which is parmesan cheese like in flavour and texture.
- Savoury yeast flakes are fortified with a range of B vitamins and an excellent substitute for cheese if a vegan recipe is desired.