- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3cm ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup frozen peas, steamed & lightly smashed
- 1 carrot, diced & steamed
- 1 ½ cups mashed sweet potato
- ¼ cup cashews, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup dry breadcrumbs
Oven baked kofta balls
Serves: 6 (4 balls per serve)
These curried vegetable balls are soft inside and crisp on the outside. They make a great addition to a school lunch box or picnic basket.
- Heat oil in a fry pan and sauté onion, ginger and garlic until soft. Add spices, peas and carrot and continue sauting.
- Stir through mashed sweet potato, cashews and salt. Cool.
- Roll mixture into walnut size balls and toss in breadcrumbs.
- Place balls onto a lightly greased oven tray and spray lightly with oil.
- Bake in a hot oven, 200°C, for 30 minutes, turning half way through cooking time. Serve with raita dip. Makes 24 balls.
- Raita dip is a combination of natural yoghurt, thinly sliced cucumber, chopped mint and salt.
- For a gluten free option replace breadcrumbs with besan flour.