- 300g mushrooms (button, Swiss brown or portobello, or a mixture)
- 2 small cloves garlic
- 2 tsp margarine
- 1 1/2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary (optional)
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme (optional)
- 1/2 cup So Good™ Oat No Added Sugar
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tsp cornflour dissolved in 2 tsp cold water
- 4 slices wholemeal or wholegrain sourdough, to serve
This creamy mushroom dish is perfect a delicious quick and easy meal option for breakfast, lunch and tea. Made with So Good Oat milk, this dish is vegan and filled with flavour from rosmary and thyme. Ready in 30min, this dish only has 5min of prep time and can be prepared ahead of time.
- Quarter or slice mushrooms. Crush garlic.
- Melt margarine in a large frying pan on medium-high. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook until mushrooms are tender (about 5 minutes). Stir in rosemary and thyme, if using.
- Add oat milk, soy sauce and cornflour mixture. Bring to a simmer, then turn heat down to medium-low and simmer gently for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until sauce has thickened and darkened in colour. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve creamy mushrooms on toasted sourdough.
- You can replace the fresh herbs with 1/2 tsp dried rosemary and 1/4 tsp dried thyme.
- Creamy mushrooms can be prepared ahead of time and gently reheated in the frying pan or microwave.