- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 tin Vegie Delights Nutolene
- 1 asian shallot, white sliced thin, lengthways, green finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (30ml) salt-reduced soy sauce + extra for serving
- 4 pieces nori/seaweed
- 1 (70g) carrot, sliced into sticks, lengthways
- 1/4 small (50g) red capsicum, sliced into thin sticks
- 1/2 small avocado, peeled and sliced lengthways
- 400g butternut pumpkin, peeled and diced
Rainbow Nutolene nori rolls
- Heat oven to 200C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Spread pumpkin pieces over tray, drizzle with 2 teaspoons olive oil and toss to coat.
- Place in oven to cook for 20 minutes.
- When pumpkin is finished, mash into the cooked rice and set aside to cool.
- Heat a fry pan on medium heat, add 1 teaspoon olive oil, Vegie Delights Nutolene, green shallot and soy sauce and cook 5 minutes, stirring throughout to break up the Nutolene. Set aside to cool slightly.
- When ingredients are cooled and ready, lay nori sheets on a board, spread the rice and pumpkin mash evenly across the sheets, divide the Nutolene blend between the 4 pieces down the middle, followed by the carrot, red capsicum, and avocado.
- Using a bamboo sushi mat and roll tightly, then slice into even pieces of your desired size.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve with pickled ginger and soy.