- 2 ½ cups untoasted muesli
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup dried strawberries
- ½ cup currants
- ¼ cup flaked almonds
- 1 ¼ cups self-raising flour
- 125g margarine
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup honey
A great lunchbox treat for the kids or a perfect after school snack to satisfy those hungry tummies.
- Pre heat oven to 175°C and line a 17 x 27cm slice tin with baking paper.
- Place muesli, coconut, strawberries, currants, almonds and flour in a large bowl.
- Melt margarine, with sugar and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add to muesli and mix well to combine.
- Place mixture into prepared tin and smooth the surface. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden. Cool completely before cutting into slices.
- The margarine in this recipe can be replaced with 250g of apple sauce to make a lower fat version. This tip can also be used on other slice recipes and in dense cakes like fruit cake.
- Different varities of muesli have different flavours, so experiment with a few to see which ones you like best.