- 1/4 cup (62ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium (200g) zucchini, ribboned
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 large (500g) eggplant, sliced 5mm thick
- 1 packet Vegie Delights Thick BBQ Sausages
- 1/2 cup (100g) beetroot hummus
- 1 cup rocket leaves
- 1/4 small (50g) red onion, finely sliced
- 5 ciabatta rolls, sliced through the middle, base kept intact
Mediterranean rolls with thick BBQ sausages
Reducing your meat intake and including more plant-based foods in your diet? Get more plants on your plate with these delicious Mediterranean rolls made with Vegie Delights thick BBQ sausages. They're a good source of iron, protein and vitamin B12.
- Heat BBQ to medium heat. In a bowl combine 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil with zucchini ribbons, lemon juice and dried oregano, then season with sea salt and black pepper and toss to marinate.
- Brush eggplant with remaining olive oil, and place on BBQ to cook for approximately 8-10 minutes, flipping half way.
- Cook Vegie Delights Thick BBQ Sausage according to packet instructions.
- To serve spread beetroot hummus onto ciabatta rolls, followed by eggplant, marinated zucchini, rocket Vegie Delights Thick Sausages, red onion and serve.