- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 yellow capsicum
- 2 zucchini (courgette)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 15 pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 300g ricotta cheese
- 200g fetta cheese
- 5 large lasagne sheets
- 425g jar mediterranean pasta sauce
- 2 tbs parmesan cheese, grated
A delicious Mediterranean style vegetable lasagne, perfect for a winter’s evening served with salad or vegies on the side.
- Chop all vegetables into 2cm cubes and place in roasting pan and add cloves of garlic. Toss through oil. Bake in a moderate oven, 180°C for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove roasted garlic from vegetables and mash. Return garlic to vegetables. Stir through olives.
- Combine ricotta and fetta in a food processor until smooth. Place lasagne sheets in the base of a lasagne dish. Spread with ½ the vegetables and ½ the sauce. Repeat with lasagne sheet, vegetable and sauce layers.
- Spread the ricotta mixture over top. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake in a moderate oven, 180°C for 45 minutes.
- A Mediterranean flavoured pasta sauce is available in the refrigerated section of the supermarket, but any pasta sauce can be used in this recipe.