- 800g can chickpeas
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 tbs tahini paste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground sweet paprika
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 30mls extra virgin olive oil
- ½ telegraph cucumber
- 8 Weet-Bix™ wheat biscuits
Hummus and cucumber on Weet-Bix™
Weet-Bix™ is delicious topped with hummus and cucumber.
- Place the chickpeas and liquid, salt, garlic, orange juice, lemon juice, zest, tahini paste, and spices in a food processor or blender. Blitz until a smooth paste. With motor running drizzle in the olive oil until well emulsified.
- Allow the hummus to chill for a few minutes before serving.
- To serve, use a potato peeler to cut thin slices of the cucumber. Drizzle with a little lemon juice.
- Spread a little of the hummus on each Weet-Bix™ wheat biscuit and top with thin slices of cucumber. Season to taste and serve immediately.
- Excess hummus will keep in the fridge in a covered container for up to 2 weeks.
- If time is against you, pre-made hummus can be used instead. Ensure it has only a small amount of added salt.
- Substitute with Weet-Bix™ Gluten Free for a gluten-free diet.