- 2 cups long-grain brown rice
- 2 ½ tbs soy sauce reduced-salt
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 tbs peanut oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 green spring onions, thinly sliced
- 100g baby corn, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 cup bean sprouts, trimmed
- ⅓ cup unsalted roasted cashews, chopped
Honey soy fried rice
A simple twist on an old favourite, this easy, nutritious and tasty lactose/dairy free meal is one recipe you’ll use again and again.
- Cook the rice, following packet directions, until tender. Drain well. Refrigerate until cold. Whisk soy sauce and honey in a jug. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in wok over medium-high heat. Swirl the eggs around wok to form a thin omelette. Cook for 1 minute. Roll omelette and cook until just set. Place on a board. Slice omelette into thin strips.
- Heat remaining oil in wok over high heat. Add green onions and corn to wok. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add rice, carrot, peas and soy mixture. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until hot. Toss through bean sprouts, cashews and omelette strips. Spoon into individual bowls and serve.
- This a great way to use left over rice from dinner the night before.
- Try using your own variety of seasonal fresh vegetable in this dish to make it your own.