- 4 peaches, yellow or white
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup of walnuts
- ¼ red onion
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 small radicchio or 120g packet of rocket
- 50g goat’s cheese or feta
- Salt and pepper to taste
Grilled peach salad with goat’s cheese
Grilling or roasting in-season peaches, and pairing it with creamy goat’s cheese, feta or ricotta works so beautifully. Makes for a simple, but spectacular result- the perfect wow-factor salad.
- Halve peaches and remove the stone. Heat extra virgin olive oil in a fry pan on medium heat. Place peaches into a fry pan and grill for 5 minutes until caramelised and flip over.
- Roughly chop walnuts and set aside.
- Finely chop red onion.
- In a small bowl add white wine vinegar and honey, mix together until combined. Then add your finely chopped red onion, stir together and let sit for 5 minutes.
- On a serving plate start to layer your radicchio or rocket.
- Add peaches then sprinkle chopped walnuts, goat’s cheese / feta, basil and pour over the red onion dressing on top of your salad.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- Use ripe and juicy peaches, making sure the fry pan isn’t too hot when grilling.
- Canned peaches can be used instead of fresh.