- 1 cup dried apricots
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2 Gluten Free Weet-Bix
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- 2 tbs orange juice
- 75g gluten free dark chocolate to drizzle
Gluten free apricot and cranberry truffles
These gluten free truffles are perfect for a festive treat, enjoyed in a lunchbox or for an afternoon snack.
- Line a tray with baking paper.
- Place the apricots, cranberries, Gluten Free Weet-Bix and caster sugar in the bowl of a food processor*. Process until the mixture is smooth.
- Gradually add the orange juice and pulse until combined.
- Form the mixture into 30 small balls and place on the tray.
- Place the chocolate in a small bowl and stand it over a bowl of boiling water until the chocolate has melted. Drizzle the balls with the melted chocolate and chill until set.
- * An alternative to using a food processor is to simply chop the apricots and cranberries and place in a large mixing bowl. Finely crush the Gluten Free Weet-Bix into the fruit mix, and stir in the sugar. Add the orange juice little by little, mixing as you go, and then continue on to step 4 above.
- Try substituting cranberries with other dried fruit such as dates, raisins and sultanas.
- These truffles will stay nice and cool if you pop them into the refrigerator while you’re out and about. You can keep these truffles stored for up to two weeks if stored in an airtight container.
- Remember to always check the label of each ingredient to ensure it is gluten free.