- 3 Weet-Bix™, crushed
- 1 cup rolled oats (100g)
- 1/2 cup Sanitarium™ Natural Peanut Butter, smooth (135g)
- 1/3 cup honey (125g)
- 2 tbs flaxseed meal (18g)
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs boiling water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (70g)
Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
A wholesome snack at home or on the go, with a cheeky hint of chocolate and peanut butter.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (355°F). Line base and two sides of a 20cm square tin with a strip of baking paper.
- Combine peanut butter, honey, flaxseed meal, oil, water and salt in a large bowl, and stir until smooth.
- Add Weet-Bix, oats and chocolate chips to the peanut butter mixture. Mix very well.
- Scrape into prepared tin and use a spoon or silicone spatula to smooth surface, compressing dough into an even layer.
- Bake 18 - 22 minutes, until golden on the edges and firm in the centre. Cool in pan for 20 minutes, then carefully transfer to a rack to cool completely. Slice into 12 bars.