- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 x 700 ml bottle tomato passata
- 1 x 400 g tin diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp dried Italian herbs
- 500 g rigatoni or penne pasta
- 1 cup So Good Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 250 g reduced fat ricotta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper
Cheesy tomato pasta bake
Easy to make pasta bake is perfect for nights when you want something delicious and comforting to eat. Bursting with flavour and cheesy goodness this pasta bake is great for lunch the next day or to freeze and use later on in the week. Made using So Good Unsweetened Almond milk, this recipe is easy to make with just 15 minutes prep time.
Looking for more healthy recipes? Explore our collection of over 500 healthy, dietitian approved recipes and subscribe to Recipe of the Week for free weekly recipe inspiration!
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). In a large saucepan over medium heat, sauté onion in olive oil for 3 - 4 minutes until starting to soften. Add passata, tinned tomatoes and herbs, and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- As the sauce is simmering, cook pasta in a large pot for 2 minutes less than the time on the packet. You want the pasta slightly firm as it will continue to cook in the oven.
- Drain pasta, return to pan and immediately stir through the tomato sauce. Add almond milk and ricotta, and stir again to evenly coat pasta. Transfer mixture into a 2 litre (8 cup) baking dish.
- Sprinkle Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses over the top of the pasta. Cover loosely with lightly oiled foil and place pan on an oven tray to catch any drips.
- Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake a further 5 - 10 minutes until cheese is golden and sauce is bubbly. Allow to cool 10 minutes before serving.
- This pasta bake re-heats perfectly for lunch the next day. Portion and freeze, or cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.