- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 2 peaches, sliced
- ½ pineapple, sliced
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup flaked almonds, toasted
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 cup red grapes, halved
- 1 cup low-fat yoghurt
Caramelised fruit with almond and yoghurt
A deliciously enticing way to enjoy summer fruits. Try this quick and easy dessert idea that everyone will love.
- Toss banana, peach and pineapple slices in the brown sugar and cinnamon until covered.
- Spread almonds on a baking tray and bake in a slow oven, 150°C for 10 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes until the nuts are golden. Remove and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frypan. Cook the fruit for 2-3 minutes, stirring until warmed through and golden. Add grapes and cook for a further minute.
- Remove from heat. Arrange fruit in 4 bowls. Top with toasted almonds and serve with natural yoghurt.
- Other variaties of nuts work just as well in this recipe.
- Substitute fruits in this recipe for your favourite in-season fruit.