- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 2 peaches, sliced
- ½ pineapple, sliced
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup flaked almonds, toasted
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 cup red grapes, halved
- 1 cup low-fat yoghurt
Caramelised fruit salad
A unique caramelised twist added to this old classic fruit salad could make this your new favourite dessert. It’s high in fibre and low in fat, and an extra tasty way to finish off any meal.
- Toss banana, peach and pineapple slices in the brown sugar and cinnamon until covered.
- Spread almonds on a baking tray and bake in a slow oven, 150°C for 10 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes until the nuts are golden. Remove and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frypan. Cook the fruit for 2-3 minutes, stirring until warmed through and golden. Add grapes and cook for a further minute.
- Remove from heat. Arrange fruit in 4 bowls. Top with toasted almonds and serve with natural yoghurt.
- Use other varieties of nuts in place of flaked almonds if you prefer.
- Substitute your favourite seasonal fruits to add a bit of variety.