- 30g margarine
- 8 slices fruit bread (toast thickness)
- 3 bananas, thinly sliced
- 6 fresh dates, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups So Good Vanilla Bliss soy milk
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbs brown sugar
Caramelised banana and date pudding
Easy to prepare with perfect flavour combinations, this hearty, tasty dessert is also a good source of iron and protein.
- Spread margarine on both sides of bread and cut off crusts. Cut bread slices in half.
- Place one layer of bread in a 20cm base, square, ovenproof dish and arrange half banana over the top.
- Sprinkle with dates, then repeat layer of bread and banana.
- Combine So Good Vanilla Bliss, eggs and cinnamon in a jug.
- Pour milk mixture over bread and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 180°C for 45-50 minutes. Serve with grilled pineapple.