- 6 medium potatoes, washed
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 2 cups vegetables, grated or finely chopped (e.g. zucchini, carrot, eggplant, capsicum)
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 425g can chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup edam cheese, grated
Baked potato with vegetable filling
A tasty vegetable flavour extravaganza, this baked potato recipe is high in protein and fibre.
- Prick skin of whole potatoes in several places and place on kitchen paper around edge of microwave turntable. Cook potatoes uncovered, on high for about 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Or bake in oven on a tray, loosely covered with foil, at 200°C, for about 1 hour or until tender.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, saute onion and garlic in oil for 2-3 minutes, until onion softens. Add vegetables and mushrooms and cook 5 minutes until tender. Stir in chopped tomatoes, reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer 10 minutes until mixture thickens slightly.
- Cut a cross in the top of the cooked potato and gently push to open. Top each potato with 1/2 cup vegetable mix and some grated cheese.