- 1 prepared pizza base
- 3 tbs tomato paste
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup mushrooms, sliced
- ⅓ cup olives, sliced
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 avocado, sliced
Olives, garlic and cherry tomatoes provide traditional, lively flavours which perfectly offset cool, creamy avocado and fragrant basil. Serve with your favourite side salad for a quick meal.
- Spread pizza base with tomato paste, sprinkle with garlic and onion.
- Arrange mushrooms, olives and cherry tomatoes on pizza base.
- Top with cheese and bake in a moderate oven, 180°C, for 20 minutes or until crust is golden.
- Remove from oven, serve topped with fresh basil and sliced avocado. Makes 8 slices.