- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- ½ cup white self-raising flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup almond meal
- 2 tbs margarine, melted
- ¾ cup So Good lite soy milk or dairy milk
- 1 ½ cups frozen blackberries
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup boiling water
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbs margarine (extra)
Almond and blackberry self-saucing pudding
High in fibre and bursting with taste, this indulgent dessert combines sweet blackberries with the nutty flavour and buttery texture of almond meal.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sifted flours, sugar and almond meal. Add melted margarine to milk. Slowly add milk mixture to dry ingredients. Stir until smooth batter is formed.
- Fold through blackberries. Place mixture into a lightly greased 2 litre baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, combine orange juice, water, brown sugar and margarine.
- Carefully pour orange juice mixture over the batter. Bake in a moderate oven, 180°C, for 35 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm with low-fat ice cream or So Good frozen dessert.
- This pudding can be made with other berries in place of blackberries. Try a mix of your favourites.